"Being a new mom and a movement educator, I wanted my body to return to my pre-pregnancy state as soon as possible. The more I learned about how pregnancy and labor had affected my body, the more I realized I needed guidance and intelligent exercises to aid my recovery. Wendy and mamalates provided just what I needed."
Certified Movement Therapist and Analyst
Certified Pilates Instructor
Prenatal Fitness & Birth Recovery Classes
The mamalates method is an OB/GYN endorsed perinatal restorative, Pilates-based exercise method that focuses on alignment, stability and safely reclaiming your core: all while working out with baby!
We offer the home workout with our DVD, mom + baby classes and cesarean survival workshops in Portland,Oregon and professional training's throughout the US.
The main principles of the mamalates method are:
- Modify your moves now that you are recovering
- Align. Get your shoulders, ribs and pelvis in the right place
- Connect to your core deeper than before, and reclaim it
- Stabilize. There is strength and efficiency in stability
In the DVD and in classes:
Connect with your baby AND your CORE (and your booty, arms, inner thighs...)
- Use the foam roller stretch out postpartum pain and accelerate your recovery workout
- MOVE, ENERGIZE and go deep in this resourceful, fun and informative method
- Prepare to return to your regular workout routine, work or your next phase of mothering with a stable foundation, modifications, strength and a new body awareness
Are you recovering from a C-section?
Your physical needs may different than if you are recovering from a vaginal birth. Mamalates offers specialty workshops and classes for cesarean recovery, too: